April 16th, 2019 1:10 PM by Cheryl Redfearn
Selling your house can be an exciting time. Some people find it intimidating, but others decide they want to do it themselves. Sometimes sellers think it makes sense to do a FSBO - For Sale by Owner. This is usually because they think they'll potentially save money by not having to pay an agent's commission fee.
In all reality, selling your own home is a more intricate task than you might believe.
Here are five reasons why using a real estate agent is the best decision:
1. Listing at the right price - Deciding what price to list your house at can make a huge difference in your time on market. A real estate agent like me will have an in-depth understanding of the local market. We also have access to all kinds of market data and statistics that aren't available to the general public. This helps us make sure you list your house at a price that ensures a timely sale while still getting a great price.
2. Better marketing and more exposure - Agents like me have ample ways to get your listing the most exposure possible. From my website, to the MLS, listing portals, open houses, social media, my list of existing contacts, other agents with buyer clients, etc. Rest assured, I will get lots of eyes on your listing. More potential buyers seeing your listing means a quicker sale and better offers.
3. Better showings - Showing homes is something I do a lot. A successful open house or single showing can absolutely improve the chances of someone making an offer. Staging, lighting, highlighting the most important features and updates, answering tough questions - these are all things I feel totally comfortable handling.
4. Get more offers - Everything I've mentioned so far are crucial aspects of getting more offers from buyers. And more offers usually means a higher price. I know how to handle multiple offer scenarios, and I have the negotiation experience necessary for making it all as smooth as possible.
5. Reduce your time on market - As I've mentioned already, there are lots of factors in how long it takes for your home to sell. Nobody wants to sit around waiting forever while their house just sits on the market. This is especially important if you're buying another home and it's either contingent on the sale of your current house, or you'd like to avoid making two mortgage payments.
All things considered, the chance of saving anything on commission fees isn't worth the uncertainty of getting a lower sale price, sitting on the market forever, or not reaching a successful sale at all.
I'd love to help you navigate the market and sell your home as quickly as we can for the highest price possible. If you have any questions, or you'd like to discuss working together, just call me and let's get started.
What's my house worth?